Visions For 2012

2012 is well underway and I've been reading and hearing about a lot New Year's resolutions and goals.  It got me to thinking about what I want to accomplish before this year is out.  So, I decided to create my 2012 Vision Board.  Last year, I got a late start but was still able to get the ball rolling on some things.



Being able to visually see the goals I want to accomplish this year day in and day out is really going to motivate me even harder.  I'll have a daily reminder of what it is I'm supposed to be working hard to achieve. Some of these things are a continuation from last year such as;

~Buy a house:  We've been house hunting for some now.  I did get briefly discouraged.  And we did face a few bumps, but I'm learning to be patient.  This is the biggest purchase and decision of our lives.  I don't want to end up settling because I was in a hurry.  At the same time though, we are living in the rental from Hell!

~Travel:  So, last year I did not travel at all unless going back and forth to my mom's house counts.  And there was New Year's 2011 at the beach but that's about it.  This year I'm going to work hard to change that.    I've been researching and traveling isn't all that expensive if you plan ahead and take alternative transportation like the train.  I've been aching to return to New York and visit my family.  And I'm overdue for a visit to see my bff in Philly!

~$1500 Emergency Fund:  Sadly, I failed miserably at even closely obtaining this goal.  We had so many things happening like our getting totaled, having a baby, house hunting and more than our share of ER trips.  Plus, I did get a little shopping happy too.  Not this year though.  I'm going to be reigning in my spending and setting aside money on a monthly basis.

Some things on this board are new like:

~Pampering Myself:  I have a really hard time treating myself to nice things.  I'm always coming up with reasons I don't need a new pair of shoes even though the ones on my feet have about had it.  My kids walk around dressed in Calvin Klien pea coats and Kenneth Cole jump suits (the internet/Marshalls/TJ Maxx are my bffs).  However, I have a hard time buying myself designer things.

~Cooking & Eating Healthier:  I love cooking and I love eating just as much!  However, I'm not exactly the most healthy cook.  What can I say, Paula Dean is my kitchen idol!  But if I'm going to leave the plus size section behind for good, I have to make better food choices.  I'm not only helping myself but my family.

~Back to College: I've mentioned this but I never really put it on my vision board.  Well, now that it's on there I'm ready to do something about it.  I'm thinking that online classes will be good until summer since I'm still breastfeeding.

~Stronger Marriage/Relationship w/ God:  Both my marriage and faith are very important to me.  And they go hand in hand.  Without a strong relationship with God, what will I fall back on when my marriage is in the dumps.  And yes it happens, but divorce is just not an option for us (with the exception of cheating, abuse & drug addiction).  I don't want to end up like these celebrity couples we see splashed on the pages of magazines.  Married today, out of love tomorrow. 

 And I know God can help me through those times when I feel close to the edge.  I also know that I can be better a wife.  There's always room for improvement on everything in life.  I plan to take good advantage of that as it pertains to my marriage.

~Freelancing/ YUMMommy:  Last year was my first year dabbling in freelancing and I loved it.  I was nervous at first, but now I'm ready to step my game up.  In the words of Drake, "There's money to be got.  And I'mma get that shit!"  Real talk there is money to be made using your God given talents. You just have come up with a plan to turn it into a profitable hustle and from there a profitable career.

With that said, I'm going to be working hard to improve and take YUMMommy to the next level.  I'm still researching host sites because I really want to become my own dot com.  So, I want to make sure that whatever route I take to get there will be the right fit.  I'm also working on trademarking the name and logo.  I've been toying with the idea of adding nonprofit to the mix but don't want to take on too much. 

So, for now I'll just be satisfied with March For Charity and working with other organizations.

This is going to be a wonderful year ladies and gentlemen!

Have you started your 2012 Vision Board?  What's on it?

21 comments

  1. Yay can't wait to see what you have in store. I don't have many goals for 2012 just to lose 20lbs and get back to taking care of myself. Good luck with all yoru goals patience for me is the key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, patience is going to be the key for me too!

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with all your goals! We made some family goals this year... with the kiddos along for the ride I think we *have* to stick to them. Best wishes to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until Moo and JJ are old enough to really give their two cents on family goals. Moo just wants to take a vacation. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Visions 2012 sounds amazing! And i know with determination and focus we can accomplish them all..good luck friend...you are already on the way with your book...WOOHOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great goals!!! I'm working on putting to use every God-given gift and talent this year! 2012 is going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list you have here, I wish you all the best. I've started on my goals, fingers and toes cross :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep to it and stay focused! Slow and steady wins the race! We are all cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! A stronger marriage/relationship with GOD is what we need too!

    Congrats on the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with these awesome goals!! Freelancing and saving is something I am working on this year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love freelancing. And I've been doing pretty good saving so far. Good luck!

      Delete
  9. Good for you mama! LOVE your vision board! We have one too :)

    Those are rockin goals and I love your ambition! Do the dang thing girl, and get yo money! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go you... 2012 is going to be your year. All you have to do is remember your goals and stick to it! LET'S GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I look at my vision board everyday. Staying focused is key for sure!

      Delete
  11. Kudos to yuo on your vision board!! I have encouraged my daughter to make one and she has started on hers, but I haven't even bought the materials needed to make mine yet (guess I should get going on that!!) LOL ~Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you've got your daughter involved too. It's imperative to teach them the importance of setting goals and following through at a young age.

      Delete