Tell Us Something Good: The Kids

The Life of Rylie...and Bryce too!


Yes, I'm back with my weekly Tell Us Something Good posts.  I recently took an almost three week vacay visiting with my mom and family back home.  While it was great to be home, I did miss my internet and my computer.  My mom was getting some work down and had to dismantle her desktop. Anyways, back to what I want to tell you.

I'm sure that I have don't have tell many of you about the trials and tribulations of parenting.  In fact, most of often times focus more on the negatives than the positives.  However, I am here to tell you that parenting does has it's great moments.  These past few weeks, I've found myself smiling more and more at my kids. They have truly been lighting up my world.

A few highlights from my last two weeks include celebrating my niece's 6th birthday before I left my mom's.  Just seeing how appreciative she was of having a small party with gifts, cake, pizza and ice cream gave me hope.  It proved that you can still raise kids who will be satisfied with the simple things in life.  Sure they'll still want a party to rival those seen on MTV's Sweet 16, but will be thankfully in the end that you just threw them a party.

I decorated the cake!!
When we got back home, I realized that JJ didn't get to wear his 'My First 4th of July' shirt.  I had forgotten to back it for a trip to my mom's.  However, that didn't stop me from putting it on him three days later.  And boy did he look handsome.  I think red is going to be his power color too.


I know that some of you might have seen my post on Twitter about Moo covering herself, me, JJ and the bed in a whole entire jar of vaseline the other day.  I usually  try to wake up when I hear her moving about.  However, she's become a silent ninja lately and moving around ever so quietly.  Well, she was in her room the other day playing and she got quiet.  And this is why....


She had discovered a tube of diaper rash creme that my husband left on top of her tv.  She thought it was lotion but once she felt the texture and saw it wasn't rubbing in, she came and asked me to clean it off. LOL.  I couldn't be mad her because it wasn't her fault that her dad left it somewhere she could reach it.  Also, she looked so cute. This is one of the those embarrassing moments that I will have printed on her Senior Page in her high school. LOL

Tell me something good that happened in your life?

1 comment

  1. We got a free oil change and free tire plug this week. It's worth about $35. I am happy we saved some money, big or small.

    ReplyDelete