Mind Right Monday



Hurricane Sandy and this winter storm that's blasting us from the west will not get me down this week.  I've been feeling very motivated and inspired these past couple days.  While the good spirits are still flowing, I'm going to get busy some projects and ideas that have been floating around in my head  (and on paper) for some time now.  So, be on the lookout for more details and posts coming up all this week.

Also, for my fellow East coasters, know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  Be sure to stock up on water, food, flashlights, candles, batteries, radios powered by batteries, diapers, wipes and anything else you might need in the event of a power outage.  

This week my goals are:

  1. Blog everyday (I missed Sunday)

  2. Exercise my arms and upper body (I got in a few leg exercises last week)

  3. Purchase Halloween candy to pass out and put in Moo & JJ's baskets (It's going to be too cold to go out this year)

  4. Cut back on the amount of tv the kids watch by an hour

  5. Upload pics and add listings to Moo's Closet (Finally got a moment to take pics of some new creations Saturday)

  6. Get better at calling or video chatting with my friends instead of Facebooking them

  7. Hem JJ's costume pants (They didn't have it in his size so we had to go with one a sizer bigger)

I am grateful for:



  • Family


  • A husband who puts his life in harm's way to protect and provide for us


  • Funny text messages and phone calls from my baby sister (Love you MainSqueeze!)


  • Online tutorials (I'm getting good at this blog designing thing)


  • Welcoming church members (We're one of four Black families at our new church & it feels good to not feel like we're being judged or discriminated against. All the members have been nothing but welcoming and very loving)


  • Being of help to another blogger who is just starting out


  • Instant messenger convos with my older sister and rebuilding our bond (I love you and am thankful for the new start CK)


  • Stores setting out Christmas decor early (I am not a last minute shopper and have been able to score some great finds before they get picked over)

What's on your goal list for the week?

2 comments

  1. This is such a good idea and way to keep you focused and I like that your goals are so do-able. I've been horrible even with Skyping, a text and quick message on Facebook is so much easier lol Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, setting weekly goals definitely makes achieving bigger and long term goals more achievable.

      Delete