Thankful Thursday

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!  For His mercy endures forever."
~Psalm 107:1

Like the new button?


Happy first Thankful Thursday of 2013!!  Can you all believe that we're almost one week into the New Year already?  Today, I'm thankful just for the chance to have seen another year in come.  When I think about all the people who didn't make it to see 2013, it makes me sad.  While I didn't lose anybody close to me last year, I know of several friends and other family members who loss loved ones and some even loss loved one during the holiday season.

So, I'm truly giving thanks to the Man upstairs for my life, health and strength as well as the life, health and strength of my family and friends.  I'm thankful that I decided to take the down the Christmas tree yesterday because I ended up discovering two leaks in one of our storage closets.  I'm not talking about small leaks either.  The floor of the closet was almost completely soaked!  Thank goodness we had everything that was sitting on the floor in bins and storage bags.

More importantly, I'm thankful that I caught it in time. We've been having a rainy winter and there's no telling what kind of funkiness would have started growing in there if I hadn't decided to put the tree in there instead of taking it to Goodwill like I wanted to.   It pays to listen to your mind sometimes.  Anyways, we called the landlord immediately and he came over and put a temporary fix on it until he can a professional to check it out.

I'm thankful for fresh starts.  This is a new year and a chance to start over anew in areas that I didn't do so well in last year.  I'm brushing the dirt off my shoulders and putting on my boxing gloves.  I'm prepared to do what I need to do to make this year successful.  Both the Mr and I are definitely focused on becoming better parents, better spouses and growing in our careers.

Getting back to our rental, I'm thankful that our neighbors have been keeping it down these past few weeks. Attached living has its cons and loud neighbors is definitely a big pet peeve of mine.  Growing up we never lived in an apartment or any kind of attached residence.  So, once I moved out on my own, apartment/attached living took a little getting used to in terms of dealing with the noise.  My tolerance level is growing.

I'm thankful for the kindness of strangers.  The Mr decided to do a few laps around the track yesterday and forgot to turn off the lights to the car, but a nice stranger gave him a jump.  I'm also thankful that my iPhone isn't dead.  Long story short, I let my battery get beyond drained because I forgot to charge it for two days straight.  So, when I did put it on the charger, it took 15 minutes for the battery to charge up enough to turn the phone back on.

I was freaking out thinking that my new toy had gone on to iPhone heaven on me.  I wasn't sure that if we took it the Apple store that they would be able to retrieve all my pictures.  That's honestly the only thing I was worried about.  I take tons of candids of the kids using my iPhone and haven't had a chance to download them to my computer yet.

And speaking of pictures, I've been talking about getting a decent camera to take pictures for the blog for months now.  Well, God heard my prayers and blessed me with a Canon PowerShot A620 for less than the cost of a gallon of gas!  It's not brand new, but the only thing that's wrong with it is the latch to keep the battery shut is broken. 

 But a trusty piece of tape has taken care of that until my Best Buy gift card gets here. And then it's off to get repaired.  I'm in love with it already and have been playing around taking photos of the kids.  Now, all I need to do is get a tripod.  And to all you photography geniuses, what's a good photo editing software to use?

What's on your thankful list this Thursday?

No comments