Rosie's Easter Bash 2019

Happy Belated Easter!!  After almost two weeks of being on house arrest thanks to the insane amount of the pollen that has been suffocating the Carolinas, we finally made a break for it and journeyed outside.  This past weekend, I loaded up the kids and we went into downtown Lancaster for the annual Rosie's Easter Bash community event.  


This was our second year going.  The weather was less than stellar because we had series of really crazy thunderstorms the day before and it was actually really cold the morning of the event.  Nevertheless we still lived our best lives and had a great time at Rosie's Easter Bash 2019.  Take a look at some of our adventures below.

What We Did At Rosie's Easter Bash 2019



  • Petting Zoo |  We (Moo and I) were thrilled to see that the petting zoo was back again this year.  JJ was still a little weary of the farm animals but at least he didn't run in the opposite direction like he did last year.  He stood patiently off to the side while I snapped animal photos until my heart was content and Moo got in her bunny cuddles.  



I fell in love with this one goat that I named Billie (pictured above).  I'm not sure if it's a he or a she but it was so cute and friendly.  Billie greeted everyone that passed by and enjoyed being in the spotlight.  Also, like last year one of the alpacas was not thrilled or amused by us humans and tried its hardest to eat through the fence bars.  Watch my vlog below because I got its attempted breakout on camera.


We did miss the sheep this year.  They were replaced with Billie's crew but the baby/miniature goats were back again this year.  And just like last year, Moo tried to talk me into talking the farmer into letting us take one home. LOL.  The country is finally growing on my city girl and it has done wonders for bringing out her animal lover side.

Now if we could just get the country to work its magic on my little guy.  So far the only animals he gets remotely excited about are birds and horses.  Like he loves horses a lot.

  • Train Station |  Unfortunately by the time we arrived at Rosie's Easter Bash, the egg hunt for JJ's age group was already over.  This may have been a blessing in disguise as he is NOT a good egg hunter in crowds.  He gets overwhelmed and freezes up.  We learned this the hard way last year.  However, there is one thing that he loves without fail no matter what the crowds look like and that's trains!



So we were both happy to see the "Train Station" roller coaster ride.  The "conductor" was very nice and did a great job of interacting with the kids.  As you'll see in the vlog, he hoped on and off the train with the kids several times throughout their ride around the tracks.

  • Egg Hunt |  JJ missed his hunt but Moo was right on time for hers.  This year the egg hunts were split into three different categories.  The last group to go were the big kids and the adults.  At first I didn't think any adults were going to join in.  I seriously thought they'd leave all the egg collecting to the older kids and teens.  I was so wrong.  Watch the vlog to see some of the egg hunting action.

  • Balloon Animals |  I don't think they had a balloon artist at Rosie's Easter Bash last year.  If they did, we definitely missed it.  Thankfully, we didn't miss it this year.  While Moo went back to play with the real bunnies, her brother got an adorable balloon bunny bracelet made by the balloon artist.



Let me tell y'all, I was just as mesmerized as my little guy looks in picture above.  I love watching balloon artists made their creations.  I mean their hands move so fast while they're twisting and tugging those balloons this way and that way.  This is definitely a skill that I wish I had the patience the master.

  • Face Painting | So one of the last thing that we (Moo) indulged in before leaving Rosie's Easter Bash was the face painting.  To our delight our favorite face painters were back.  I can never remember to grab their names but those two ladies are awesome.  They work quickly to keep the line short but man do they do some amazing work in such a fast time period.  Moo opted for a rainbow and JJ opted not to get his face painted.  I wanted to get my face painted but adult acne is currently ruining my life right now. 😩

Do you see that orange AirHead peeking out?  Also a special thanks to  TapSnap for the complimentary Easter Bunny photo.


  • Easter Bunny Photo |  Originally, I thought we had missed out on our chance of getting a photo with the Easter Bunny as well.  Thankfully though we didn't.  That was actually the very last thing that we did.  Unfortunately, my little guy would not let our photo be great.  Right as we got in position for our photo, he decided to put the big wad of AirHead that his sister gave him in his mouth.  So he couldn't smile properly and he refused to look at the camera. 😑 At least we got a photo, I guess.  Also, they handed out free stuffed bunnies again this year. Yay!

Other Activities At Rosie's Easter Bash 2019


So there were a few things that we bypassed this year.  The first was the bouncy houses.  If my memory serves me correct the bouncy houses that they had last year were bigger.  My kids are not fans of being in small enclosed spaces.  So they both nixed the bouncy houses.

Also, we passed on the Fire House experience this year.  So the Fire House is a mobile unit that they fire department uses to teach kids about how to safely put out fires as well as how to safely escape their homes in case of a fire as well as what to do if you can't get out and have to hang tight until help arrives.  They stage a real fire with smoke from a smoke machine and kids get to learn how to climb out of a window.

Since I've been doing this experience since I was a kid in school, Moo's done it 2 or 3 times already, and JJ has done it once, we decided to pass on doing it again.  There were some food trucks available but we passed due to our food allergy issues.

There was also some kind of sand art craft but by the time we got done with all the other things the kids really wanted to do they were packing up the table to go.  I don't remember if there was a craft last year.  If so, we missed out on it then as well.

And as always, they had a great DJ and an amazing hostess.  They played some of my jams while were there but the kids threatened to disown me if I started dancing or singing along.  Y'all see how kids will try to suck away our fun but not their own?!  No worries next year, I'm inviting Grandma for backup.  She loves to get down in public, especially if they drop the Electric Slide. 



Overall, we had an amazing time.  It was nice to get out of the house.  The kids are already asking what I think Rosie's Easter Bash 2020 will look like.  Honestly, I'm just hoping that the weather is warmer and less wet.  Also, I will be prepared to get in on the egg hunt action as they give away prizes if you find one of the special eggs with a ticket inside. 

If you celebrate Easter, what are some of your Easter traditions?

41 comments

  1. Two of my grown kids live in Lancaster, SC and I'm only 30 minutes away. It's a small world and the Easter bash looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a small world. If they came out to Rosie's Easter Bash, I hope that had as much fun as we did!

      Delete
  2. Petting animals and feeding is always a big hit. Some children don’t like hunting eggs in a crowd and that is okay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The animals were a huge hit again this year. That's where all the kids were. And crowds are always a hit or miss for my little guy. I think he did way better this year.

      Delete
  3. I think you had such a special day. I know kid love zoos, goats and easter egg hunts. I am sad that my kids are a little too old for a hunt these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Besides the egg hunts, the petting zoo was everyone's favorite I think. My daughter hasn't stopped asking if she can have a pet goat or bunny yet. LOL. Also, I think to make Easter egg hunts enticing for older kids, you kind of have to up to the ante with prizes like gift cards or cash.

      Delete
  4. omg what a fun time- my kids love anything with petting animals and being able to feed them! what a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is the same. She had a blast with the petting zoo. I'm hoping next year my little will warm up to the animals.

      Delete
  5. Wow this looks like so much fun. My kids at 7 & 10 still love Easter egg hunts and petting zoos. This would be a winner for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad they still love Easter egg hunts! My kids are the same ages. I'm hoping we have a long while to go before they outgrow enjoying them.

      Delete
  6. This looks like a great place to celebrate Easter. It looks like there's tons to see and do. It would be cool to see all the animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they have just enough to see and do during Rosie's Easter Bash so the kids don't get overwhelmed but still have a great time as well.

      Delete
  7. Aww, they made this so much fun! What a great way to have some family fun on Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had a great time. Definitely a fun way to celebrate the Easter holiday.

      Delete
  8. Wow that place looks absolutely amazing. The petting zoo and an Easter egg hunt. I'm pretty sure that is heaven for almost any child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! The egg hunt was heaven for some adults too. LOL. I'm getting in on the Easter egg hunt action next year.

      Delete
  9. The pollen is bad here too. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy this Easter Bash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know that we need pollen, but this year we have an extreme surplus of it and I can't wait for it to die down some so we can enjoy more outdoor time.

      Delete
  10. This looks like such a fun event to attend. When my children were smaller. We used to have Easter egg hunts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! There was a little something for pretty much every age group.

      Delete
  11. Wow this looks like you guys had fun! What a great way to have a Easter Bash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Billie looks like she or he really enjoys her or his job! The petting zoo always seems to be a very popular addition to any bash. I'd love it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie was definitely the happiest animal there and total natural when it came to posing for the camera.

      Delete
  13. Now THIS is Easter well-celebrated! You all looked like had tons of fun and captured so many cute photographs along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely had lots of fun. I love that the town hosts this event and family members of all ages can come out and enjoy it.

      Delete
  14. That looks like a lot of fun. My daughters would have really enjoyed that. I wish they did something like this around here. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot more towns should definitely look into throwing more community parties for special events. They also have block parties/bashes for Christmas and Halloween as well.

      Delete
  15. My daughter loves all animals. She would love to get to pet all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much had to pry my daughter away from the animals. I really think being a vet or farmer is in her future.

      Delete
  16. What a beautiful day full of fun! I bet you all had a great time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did. It was a great way to the spend day outdoors and celebrating Easter.

      Delete
  17. Can I say that this was so cute and that I love goats. What a great outing for the kids I know they loved it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did! Moo was in animal heaven. And my little guy got his train fix. Billie has me wanting to get a goat once we find our forever farm.

      Delete
  18. This is more what my son would love! He's never been into the traditional stuff like egg hunting and such, but this would be perfect for him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like they do a good job of mixing a little traditional with a little new. You have your egg hunts and face painting, but then there was the train and fire house and food trucks.

      Delete
  19. This Easter bash was the perfect way to spend the holiday. Now that the weather is nice outside fun is a must. It looks like the kids had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a great time! I'm hoping that this pollen will let up so that we can enjoy more fun activities outside because it's no fun being stuck indoors when the weather is finally so beautiful.

      Delete
  20. This is my kind of fun, I need to see if we have something like this locally. My daughter has the same apprehension as your son so I get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely look into seeing your area has a community Easter event. In addition to this one hosted by the town, there were several churches and nonprofits who also held Easter festivals as well throughout Easter week.

      Delete
  21. Looks like you guys had a great time! Petting zoos always seem so cute and fun for kids. Goats are so cute, one of my friends is obsessed with them, she'd like this place.

    ReplyDelete