Oh So Emotional

Greetings out there.  So, I think that I'm finally hitting the wall where I'm about to give out from being overwhelmed.  I've been doing so well with this single/co-parenting thing until recently. I have to admit that having Moo pretty much 24/7 is stressful at times. Not that it's her fault or anything. But it's hard to get work done and do my bookkeeping when you have a busy one year old crying in the background because her favorite toy is out of reach.

 Hell, I can't even go to the bathroom without hearing the patter of little feet trailing behind me.  Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that she is my number one fan and finds it cute to see what Mommy does every second.  However, I am in need of some alone time.  I feel like my life is at a crossroad of sorts and I need some peace and quiet to figure it out.  I pointed out to Moo's father that he could be more helpful.

I suggested that instead of sticking to his court ordered every other weekend visits, it would be nice if he stepped up to the plate and volunteered to keep her on his days off as well.  Even though she wouldn't be staying overnight, I could do a lot of work with an entire afternoon free from Mommy Duty.  I think that it's time for this SuperMom to hang up her cape for a few hours.

2 comments

  1. Be encouraged, mama. Sounds overwhelming. I'm about 6 months away from being a single mother myself and I can only imagine how overwhelming it all is going to be for me. The only thing I can suggest is to find a sitter and take some "me" time for yourself. You deserve it. Being a full-time mommy and working is hard. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kenya!!! I can tell you that you're going to be in for a bumpy, but well worth it ride. It's friends like you that I have connected with via blogs, Twitter and FB that keep me encouraged and lift my spirits when I'm down. Hopefully, we will get to know each other better and I will be able to extend some sort of encouragement to you in the future.

    Like your blog by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete