Thankful Thursday


Happy Thankful Thursday everyone!!  With tomorrow being my one year wedding anniversary, I am extremely thankful to have married the love of my life.  I'm thankful that we have loving, strong and healthy marriage.  It's not perfect because all relationships experience ups and downs.  I'm thankful that we have had more ups.

And while we're on the subject of my anniversary, Tuesday evening I decided to pack up the kids and go out hunting for some other anniversary gifts for my husband.  It started to pour cats and dogs when I got ready to check out.  So, we had to get out of line and hunt down an umbrella.  Plus, I wanted to waste some time and let it slack up.  Well, I finally checked out.

We headed to car.  I got in and turned to key and nothing.  The battery had died and we were stranded.  Long story short, I ended up calling road side assistance.  But while I waited I prayed to God that the car would start.  To my surprise my husband called me shortly after I told him that road side assistance was on the way and said that he was coming to jump the car.

Out of all people, the landlord just so happen be about and offered to drive him to store and give us a jump. Yes, this is the same landlord that has yet to fix a single thing wrong with rental.  So, I am thankful that although, he might not be the best landlord he has a helpful heart.  But before either of them-my husband or road side assistance-could get to us, something told me to try the car one last time and I did.

Low and behold it started right up without a hitch.  Tell me if God isn't good!! But I waited in the parking lot until my husband showed up and we still let the landlord jump the battery.  We cancelled the road side assistance and headed home for a peaceful night.  I am so thankful for the way God let that situation work out.  He may not come when you want Him but He'll be there right on time.

I'm also thankful that my sister's pregnancy is going well.  So, far she has been experiencing too much morning sickness.  Her baby is due four days after JJ's birthday.    I'm also thankful that my little cousin was able to be released from the hospital.  He still has to check in with the doctors every two weeks so that they can monitor his heart but they think with his medicine and staying on bed rest he should be ok.

But on a sad note, my mom called me with news that cousin passed earlier this week in a motorcycle crash on his birthday.  He was home visiting from college to celebrate with the family.  So, please keep us in your prayers.

What do you have to be thankful for this week? Any unexpected blessings come your way?



No comments