Friday Five Recently | Week 6

It's a rainy Friday in the Carolinas but I'm not complaining.  This rain is greatly appreciated because we need it.  Our yard has been looking like a dry cracked desert for weeks.  We're supposed to get more rain throughout the weekend.  So we'll be hanging out indoors for the most part.  In the meanwhile though, let's catch up friends!

Recently . . .


Ended |  Our 2018-19 homeschool year has finally ended.  Hello Summer Break!!!  These last 8 days of being able to sleep-in have been glorious y'all.  Although, the first day I forgot to turn off my alarms and ended waking up early.  This school year was a bit of a challenge.



I'm definitely going to sit down and write out my thoughts to share with you all.  Homeschooling is something that I'm very passionate about but I realized it's one of the things that I don't really go much into detail about here on the blog.  I want to change that.


Designed |  Remember when I told y'all that I restarted bullet journaling?  Well, I finally got around to designing the start of my June spread.  It's nothing elaborate but I love the bright colors.  I'm toying with the idea of giving each week of this month a different spread design.  We'll see how it goes though.

Excited |  Our vegetable garden is really taking off and we're so excited.  So far we've harvested two pea pods.  I know that doesn't seem like a lot but it is considering everything else we planted takes about 3 months to harvest minus the collard greens.  We started everything from seed with the exception of our lone tomato plant.


When you start things from seeds versus buying seedlings or plants from the store, it can seem like it takes forever for things to really get on and popping.  I am disappointed that our lettuce bolted though.  I've done some more research though and I'm ready to try my hand at replanting it.



Watched |  We saw The Secret Life Of Pets 2 and it was adorable.  The overall theme for this movie was about learning to face and overcome our fears.  I think it's worth a watch.  The kids have already asked to see it again.  I've also started watching the Charmed reboot now that the first season is available on Netflix.  So far so good.  I love that the Charmed Ones are POC/Black Latinas this time around.

Participated |  Lashawn from Everyday Eyecandy started a #FifteenSecondsOfSummer project and I've had a blast participating in it.  I missed two days this week because I started feeling under the weather but I'm hoping right back on the wagon.  I love that once summer is over we'll have these little clips to look back on.

What have you been up to recently?  Let's chat in the comments.

1 comment